Arugula Beet Salad
This salad is so simple to put together! Arugula and beet were made for each other, the peppery greens and sweet root compliment each other perfectly with a sprinkling of feta, sunflower seeds, oil, salt & pepper.
Servings: 2 people
- 1 large beet cooked and peeled
- 1 bunch arugula
- 2 oz feta cheese
- 2 tbsp sunflower seeds
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- salt + pepper to taste
- splash of fresh lemon optional
- Bake whole unpeeled beets wrapped in foil in the oven, the skins slip right off when they’re done (about an hour). You can also steam or boil slices of peeled beets.
- Peel the beet and slice.
- Dress the greens with olive oil, salt + pepper, and a splash of lemon to taste.
- Layer the beets and greens on a platter. Top with feta cheese and sunflower seeds.