Baked Pork Chops with Swiss Chard
Servings: 4 people
- 4 pork chops
- 1 bunch Swiss Chard washed and cut crosswise into 1 inch pieces
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- ½ tsp salt
- fresh-ground black pepper
- 1½ tbsp fresh parmesan grated
- ½ cup fontina cheese
- Heat the oven to 400F degrees and oil a baking dish. In a medium bowl, toss the Swiss chard with 1 tablespoon of the oil, half of the salt, and black pepper pepper. Put the chard in the baking dish.
- Heat a sauté pan to high heat. Rub the pork chops with 1 tablespoon of the oil, the remaining salt, and fresh ground black pepper. Sear the pork chops about two minutes per side until golden.
- Put the pork chops on top of the Swiss chard. Drizzle the remaining tablespoon oil over the chard, around the pork chops. Sprinkle the Parmesan and fontina over the chard, around but not on top of the chops. Bake until the chops are just done, about 10 – 12 minutes. Let stand 5 minutes before serving.