Frisée, Bacon, and Goat-Cheese Salad
Servings: 10 people
- ⅓ cup pine nuts or walnuts
- ⅓ pound bacon
- ⅓ cup olive oil
- 1 tbsp Dijon mustard
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 tsp sugar
- ¼ tsp kosher salt
- ⅛ tsp freshly ground pepper
- 1 pound frisée, curly endive, or chicory
- 3 ounces goat cheese crumbled
- Toast the nuts in a large, dry skillet over low heat, stirring frequently, until golden, about 5 minutes. Remove the nuts.
- Cut the bacon into ½-inch pieces and add to the skillet. Cook over medium heat until crisp. Remove the bacon with a slotted spoon and drain on paper towels.
- Whisk the oil, mustard, lemon juice, sugar, salt, and pepper in a medium bowl. Tear the frisée into small pieces and place in a serving bowl. Add the bacon, nuts, and goat cheese. Toss the salad with the dressing.