This salad recipe from the Middle East is versatile and tasty. Persian cucumbers, tomatoes, parsley, olive oil, lemon juice, onion.
- 1 lb Persian cucumbers diced
- 1 lb fresh ripe tomatoes diced
- ⅓ cup sweet onion (optional) minced
- ½ cup fresh parsley minced
- 3 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 3 tbsp fresh lemon juice
- salt and pepper to taste
- Place diced cucumber into a colander and sprinkle with 1 teaspoon salt or as needed; allow to drain for about 15 minutes. Toss drained cucumber with tomato, sweet onion and parsley. Drizzle salad with olive oil and fresh lemon juice and season with salt and black pepper. Serve immediately.